“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” –Romans 12:2
What: Interactive study, fun, and fellowship
Who: 7th – 12th grade
When: Every other Sunday evening from 7 – 9pm (see Calendar)
Where: Lakeside Community Church
Questions, Comments, Feedback…
Have a burning question you want addressed, want a worship song played, have a new idea for a game… Fill us in and we’ll accommodate what we can.
- What does oneighty mean?
- The reality for every authentic Christian is that at some point trough faith in the Gospel they began and continue by God’s grace to strive for a 180° turn from their old lives, sin, and the culture of this world (2 Cor. 5:17; Col. 2:8; 1 Jn. 2:15-16). To be a Christian and follow biblical teaching is to be counter cultural (Rom. 12:2) and to live life on the narrow path (Matt. 7:13-14) despite promised challenges (2 Tim. 3:12).
- What should I bring?
- Just a Bible, though we’ve got extra in case you forget yours.
- Possibly some comfortable shoes depending on if we are playing games outside.
- Who can come? Can I bring friends?
- Oneighty is open to any students who are in the 7th-12th grade. Bring as many friends as you want.
- Who leads this ministry?
- At least 2 adults from Lakeside will be present each night. Other than that, it’s all students.
Past and Upcoming Group Discussion
|Date||Topics Covered||Further Reflection & Application|
|8/6/17||Overview: Introductions, testimonies, expectations||What do you want to get out of this time?|
|8/20/17||Introduction to the Gospel: What it is, how and why we share it…||Can I articulate the Gospel? Do I desire to share it?|
|next gathering||Introduction continued: Gospel accuracy, authentic conversion, grace’s impact on the Gospel, significance of personal evangelism|